Thursday, February 7, 2013

Catching up!!!



After looking at my blog page I realized I have not been doing very well on keeping things current. So this post is to catch up and bring my readers up to speed on the happenings around our lil funny farm!


Lets start with the animals as that is where most changes have occurred. The cashmere goats sadly had to be returned to the sanctuary as they just would not stay in the pasture and out of the neighbors yard! All nine chickens are happy healthy and have started laying like crazy even though its the middle of winter and most peoples egg layers have stopped completely or drastically reduced their production, so I am very pleased with my girls. I believe the move into what was the goat house and free ranging in the pasture all day has made all the difference in the world.
The biggest change around here is we have more rabbits and are in the process of starting a breeding program. I already told ya'll about my REW buck (ruby eyed white boy) French Angora well I also purchased another black baby French Angora from Sarah at Fruhlingskabine Rabbitry in Sonora (fmicrofarm.com) I recommend her whole heartedly for your French Angora needs.  
So I heard about this rabbit show that was going to be in Stockton, CA and turns out Sarah and I have quite a bit in common and though she is significantly younger than I am she is very mature well rounded and down to earth and I wanted someone with rabbit knowledge and experience with me if I was going to buy something. so I emailed her and asked if she wanted to go check it out with me. Thankfully she accepted and we actually had a girls day without the kids it was a lot of fun! By the end of our rounds checking out all the rabbits I ended up with 2 new huge cages and two new English Angora Rabbits to go in those cages!  :) ok so lets break it down and see what residents are here at the funny farm!

Funny Farm "residents" ;)

Randall (Great Husband, Dad and provider)

Terri (Great Wife, Mom, Very Caring Person, Silly and Goofy always making people laugh)

Anthony (Lil Tony) The quieter of the twins more prone to help mom and get involved in the projects and ask questions.

Raymond (Lil Ray Ray) The loud out going twin, would prefer to sit and play video games day and night if allowed to)

Sasha (The 1 yr. old English Cream Golden Retriever, literally cries and gets super excited when we come home or anyone comes over, thinks everyone should pet and love her)

DC (The only cat in the world that does not like to be with Randall! Makes Randall so mad because D.C. stands for "Dads Cat" lol)

Nugget (My Buff Brahma hen that somehow gets out of pasture and follows me everywhere even gets in the car with me)

Fettucinni & Lil Bit (Ray Ray & Tonys Buff Brahma hens)

6 Hens (Egg laying then stewing hens)

Casper (My first rabbit (French Angora)! This is my baby)

Onyx (The lil Black French Angora Doe) 

Pokey Jo (English Angora Buck)

Penny (English Angora Doe) 

Well that is everybody! I have been doing a lot of new projects around here that I will be sharing, things like sour dough starter, water keifer, sprouting seeds for fodder, bread baking, amazing whole wheat cookies oh my...how yummy they are and good for you!!! I will be sharing information on these topics in future posts. 

Have a great day! Thank you for reading and following our adventure!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment